Maritime zones Caribbean Netherlands
This zip file contains the boundaries of Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba (zone boundaries of the Caribbean Netherlands) with neighbouring countries and with other Caribbean territories of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. More information on this zip file is available below the download.
Specifications of the geographic data
The data of the zipfile are expressed in the geodetic datum WGS84. For this application, it may be assumed equal to ETRS89 and NAD83.
Each zip file contains 3 data formats:
- ESRI SHAPE for ArcGIS (extensions DBF, PRJ, SHP and SHX, including metadata in XML format).
- KML for Google Earth (extension KML).
- A simple ASCII format (extension DAT). This format contains degrees, arc-minutes and arc-seconds for first geographic latitude and then longitude.
Reduction of density
The curved shape of the normal baselines and the limits requires a high nodal density. For some applications, lines with less nodes are necessary. The TSP program reduces nodal density of ASCII files with a DAT extension.
This product is free to download. Use of the product for any purpose is subject to the following conditions:
- The data provided may not be used for navigation, because the data sets are not linked and are not updated according to the Notices to Mariners.
- The Hydrographic Service reserves the right to exercise its moral rights (Article 6bis, Berne Convention) in respect of the reproduced materials that contain the data provided.