Complaints about the conduct of Royal Netherlands Marechaussee personnel

Royal Netherlands Marechaussee personnel must treat you respectfully. However, you may be dissatisfied with the way they treated you. If the incident took place less than 1 year ago, you have the option of filing a complaint.

Do you want to file a complaint?

You can file your complaint via the regular post service. Please state the following information in your complaint:

  • your name;
  • your postal address;
  • your telephone number;
  • a description of the conduct of the Marechaussee official(s) involved;
  • place and time of the incident;
  • if possible, the name of the official(s) involved;
  • if you file your complaint in writing: write the word COMPLAINT in the upper left-hand corner of the envelope.

The complaint letter must be written in Dutch or English. Therefore, you may want to have your complaint translated into one of these languages. Please bear in mind that you have to pay for any translation costs yourself.

Regular post

Please send your letter or form to the following address:

Staff of the Commander of the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee
Security & Integrity Division
Attn Complaints Coordinator
P.O. Box 90615
2509 LP The Hague

Dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint?

If you are dissatisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can contact the Nationale Ombudsman for advice.