Complaints about security checks at airports
If you have a complaint about the conduct of security officers at one of the airports in the Netherlands, you can file your complaint with the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and other airports
This concerns complaints about security officers from private security companies at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and all other airports in the Netherlands. These security officers are employed by the airport concerned. They are responsible for the security checks of passengers, airport personnel and hand luggage.
Filing a complaint
You can file a complaint about a security officer from a private security company by regular post or via e-mail. Please state the following information in your complaint:
- your name, address and telephone number and, if possible, fax number or e-mail address;
- the date on which you sent your letter or e-mail;
- a description of the conduct of the security officer involved;
- if possible: the time and place of the incident and your flight number and destination;
- the name(s) and/or personnel number(s) of the security officer(s) in question; if you do not know the name(s) of the security officer(s) in question, please give a description of the features of the security officer(s) in question that is as detailed as possible;
- sign your letter.
Sending by post or e-mail
Please send your letter of complaint by regular post to:
Royal Netherlands Marechaussee Schiphol District
Enforcement and Monitoring Division
Attn Complaints Officer
P.O. Box 7577
1118 ZH Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
You can also e-mail your complaint to: email@example.com.
Complaints about Marechaussee personnel
Does your complaint concern Marechaussee personnel rather than a private security officer? If that is the case, you can file a complaint through the webpage Complaints about the conduct of Marechaussee personnel.