Information for suppliers of means of transport
The Defence organisation has a continuous need for various transport services or transport-related services. The Defence Movement and Transport Organisation (DVVO) is the Defence organisation’s logistics service provider and is responsible for all Defence-related transport across the world.
The DVVO does not always have sufficient materiel at its disposal to perform its tasks. Therefore, the DVVO incidentally requests the commercial market to provide additional means of transport, in accordance with public procurement legislation and Defence policy. The DVVO makes frequent use of framework contracts or on-call contracts in accordance with EU public procurement legislation. The DVVO concludes these contracts for a maximum period of 4 years.
Need for civil transport
On average, the DVVO has the following requirement for civil transport:
- Road transport: flatbed trucks, containers, groupage services, transport of hazardous substances, VIP transport (touring cars and motor vehicles), taxis, buses, rental cars (worldwide), courier services, semi-trailers, etc.
- Sea transport: seagoing vessels, particularly Roll-on Roll-off (RORO) vessels.
- Air transport: freight and passenger aircraft, often on an ad hoc basis.
- Rail transport: the transport of unloaded and/or loaded Defence wagons and rented wagons.
- Related supporting materiel and services: cranes, internal transportation means, VIP driving courses, etc.
Submitting your details to the DVVO
The Purchase Office is responsible for maintaining all commercial contacts with companies. You can submit your company details. However, this is not a guarantee that the DVVO will invite you to send in a quote. Since it is a governmental organisation, the DVVO always conducts an assessment and screening of your company before doing business with you.
Telephone: +31 (0)346 33 86 57 or +31 (0)346 33 86 52